Tuesday, January 10, 2012

let me see if you can run it, run it!

We experienced some real fun when we were kids. I feel terrible that today's kids don't play outside as much as we used to. Going outside was like going to the club. You wanted to play outside all day and night until the sun came up. 1-2-3 red light, Ms. Mary Mack, mother may I, hop-scotch, double-dutch, jax, hide and seek, hide and go get (for you fast folks ;-) racing down the street or in the yard and my favorite, tag.

Tag was exciting because you knew what your goal was and you were the only person in charge of attaining it. All you had to do was run after the next person and touch them. That was it. Your winning or losing depending on no one but yourself. It wasn't a team sport but an individual quest.

Winning a game of tag is very much like life. You have to have your goal etched in your brain. You have to be able to see your goal and visualize yourself reaching it. You then have to chase after it like someone is running after you because in essence, if you don't catch your dream, someone else will. Run with purpose and the belief that you will indeed reach what you set out to achieve. Reach for your goal with all your might and just when you feel like you are too tired and can no longer run, reach up to God and out to his vision for your life. I guarantee you'll catch what is meant for you.

If you follow me on FB, you know that I run at Rice every Saturday. Some people really enjoy running. I am not one of those people. lol Running is a necessary evil for me. Even though the physical activity wears me down, it is the spiritual and mental exercise that keeps me going. I will tell you a little story about my run. I run the same dreadful path every Saturday. One Saturday I decided to run in the opposite direction.  I ran the same distance but the run was all together different because I changed the way I looked at it. Not only did I finish, but I finished strong and ready to cheer on the next person. Your run in life can be the same way.

Take control of your goals. Chase with purpose and reach what is meant to be yours.

Miracles and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment