Thursday, January 12, 2012

love should be the burger

Nothing was greater than a happy meal when we were kids. Those yummy fries, cheeseburger and toy were the highlight of many days. I was talking to my friend today about relationships and marriage and he stated that a lot of marriages these days are businesses transactions. It's all about what makes the most financial sense. He said, if you get love that's great but there are other elements that complete a marriage and love isn't the most important.

I TOTALLY disagree. Is this where life has brought us? Are we now getting married because the other person looks good on paper? If that's the case, I'm never getting married. If I do get married I promise you that love will be the main reason. I want to enhance someones life and be the main person in their life they need the most. I want to be the burger. lol Yes, finances are great but what about the other stuff? I want to fulfill the desires my significant other. I want someone to be full off the love that I've given them over the years. I don't want them to focus on my financial and professional accomplishments.

We all should vow that marriage will not be a like a job. We will not clock in ever morning and clock out at night when we go to sleep. Let's plan to eat, breathe and sleep love. If you aren't ready for a woman like that, please don't waste your time talking to me.

Nowadays a happy meal comes with a lot more options and so does life and potential significant others. Be sure to choose the one that not only adds to you but fulfills what you've dreamt about all your life. In your relationship, love should be the main driver. For God so LOVED the world that he GAVE...if you aren't giving all of yourself to better your mate, you don't love them. Don't just settle for being the option, make your love the main course.


Miracles and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment